Residential Mortgage Loan UnderwriterResidential Mortgage Loan Underwriter https://www.vellummortgage.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/careers_underwriter.png 628 419 Vellum Mortgage Vellum Mortgage https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/f209948ea1aeda2aad05782684a123f8?s=96&d=mm&r=g
The Underwriter is responsible for mortgage loans originated by correspondents according to guidelines set by Vellum Mortgage, FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, and VA, for underwriting loans and ensuring compliance with department guidelines, state and federal laws, and lending regulation. This position will clear conditions and expedite loan closings.
Essential Job Duties:
Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Underwrite FHA, VA, Jumbo, and Conforming loans.
- Approve, decline or counter offer loans within limits of assigned authority.
- Underwrite a minimum 40 units per month. Maintain a daily workload as needed to ensure prompt turnaround time as dictated management.
- Approve, decline, or suspend residential mortgage loan submissions; must be responsible to meet deadlines when heavy periods of volume exist throughout the month.
- Function as a technical resource to Loan Officers and Assistants.
- Assist in correction of Funding Violations on specific files as required.
- Enter complete and accurate data in systems to ensure data integrity.
- Support team members to identify potential solutions/alternatives for difficult/denied loans.
- Maintain knowledge of underwriting guidelines and stay current with department requirements.
- Measure all mortgage loan submissions for underwriting decisions based on company quality control plans and investor/regulatory compliance.
- Provide prompt, quality service to the originating branches and correspondents in a friendly and professional manner.
- Minimum five years of mortgage underwriting experience.
- Minimum one year of FHA and VA experience.
- Experience with both AUS and manual underwriting methods including DU and LP.
Specific Knowledge Requirements:
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Encompass preferred.
- Knowledge of FHA and VA regulations.
- Knowledge of real estate values and credit analysis.
- Knowledge of Processing, Underwriting and Closing procedures.
- Knowledge of conforming and non-conforming underwriting standards.
- This job will require a criminal background check.
- Underwriting designations preferred.
- FHA Direct Endorsement Underwriting designation preferred.
- VA designations required.
About Vellum Mortgage
Vellum was created to elevate the entire mortgage experience, for everyone involved in the mortgage process. Our mission is to provide unparalleled transparency in the loan process, backed by a lasting commitment to quality and integrity as indicated by the principles of the name we’re founded on. Learn more about Vellum at www.vellummortgage.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Vellum Corporate Headquarters, Centreville, VA
Interested in becoming part of the Vellum Fam? Click here to send us your resume today!